*I’m enjoying Mother’s Day Out sitting in a coffee shop and blogging. It’s lovely. There are no little people to smear sticky fingerprints on my computer or monitor. Well, except for the lady sitting by me…. but she’s just being rude.
* Bean got her first haircut. Yes, I have pictures. No, I don’t have them with me. She did a FABULOUS job being still. Then we realized why: A lady we knew from church was there getting her hair colored. It was wrapped in those foil thingies. We forgot to explain to Bean what on earth those things were. She thought we were about to foil her hair! Still, once we figured that out and explained what was up, she was still super cooperative. The result: My sweet little baby’s sweet baby curls are in an envelope. She is going to have straight hair like me. No more ringlets. Sigh….
* Peanut has a funny deep, hoarse voice. She also tends to growl, but not just when she’s mad. She has this happy grunt, another excited growly purr, and of course the angry roar. We were in the car driving and she was making those sounds. The hub looked at me and said, “I didn’t know our daughter was a Wookie.”
* This is a Wookie:
* When the kids get upset with one another, they’ve started shrieking. I. hate. this. They sound like Little Nazguls.
* These dorky, unkind references we make about our children have now permanently put us in the dorky, unkind category of parenting. But never fear! We don’t actually call them this to their faces. Unless we’re talking in Turkish.
* It’s really nice to know a language your kids don’t know. There’s no need to spell things out — just switch languages. But, Bean notices & doesn’t like it. She hollers: STOP TALKING SPANISH!
* We are working on geography with her. It hasn’t sunk in yet.
* I have finished 2 quilts this year. WOO HOO. No pictures…. the camera and card are at home. I also got my sewing machine’s tension issues taken care of, so a certain young 9 month old man will finally get his quilt finished and sent to him. Hopefully before he turns 1. (Yes, dearest Ian… I haven’t forgotten you!)
* For some insane reason they just turned the A/C on in this coffee shop. I’m outta here….