I usually am a good packer. For Pete’s sake, I’ve packed a lot in my life. I’ve traveled and moved and visited… I should have a doctorate in packing.
This time, I guess I packed my brain first. Here’s a list of the following items I forgot:
- my medications
- Peanut’s reflux meds
- Peanut’s teething tablets
- Bean’s coat
- Peanut’s Dolly & Blankie (that she can’t sleep without)
- nice shoes for Peanut
- PJ pants for me
- cell phone charger
- my recipes for the items I have to cook for Thanksgiving
- my razor
- the family’s Thankful Tree poster (that Bean & I made & on which we all attach a leaf a day telling what we’re thankful for in order for her 2 year old mind to grasp Thanksgiving)
Sigh…. after a trip to Walgreens to get new prescriptions and pick up the other essentials, a phone call to my Mama to get the recipes, and a sneaky raid on my hubby’s toiletries for emergency deo (yes, I smell like Sport Endurance scent or whatever….) I am somewhat ok now. Except for one department…
I always bring my sewing machine. Then I can work on stuff while the kids play with the grandparents. I got everything I needed but THE BOX. This clear shoebox-sized container holds the following items:
- rotary cutter (essential!!!)
- extra sewing machine needles
- hand-sewing needles
- buttons/toggles/D-rings and other essential notions
- my labels to keep my items from looking homeade & making them more professional
- extra accessories for my sewing machine
- pinking shears
Fortunately I found a decent pair of scissors in my travel sewing bag. For the rest of it, I had to go to Hancock Fabrics to get the bare essentials today. Otherwise, I couldn’t sew and I would fall massively behind in my projects. Sigh.
I’m usually a good packer. But, not this time.