We don’t have internet at The Cottage where we’re staying. So, I’ve had fewer chances to write. Since I only have a few moments now, I’ll just tell you the highlights of what’s been going on.
* Down the road, two towns over, there’s not only a Drive-through Daiquiri place, but also a BBQ place whose sign boasts “You don’t need teeth to eat my beef.” I’m hoping they’re referring to tender brisket, not pureed beef.
* I’ve been to the hot dog stand so often that they are getting to know me.
* Today I drove by the stand, but didn’t stop. They were busy anyway…. there was a guy on a horse that was at the window. I so wish I had my camera. He didn’t even dismount to order.
* We’re slowly going through all of the boxes that contain my crap. I packed it before we moved to Central Asia. It’s been almost 4 years since I’ve seen this stuff. Some things I don’t even remember. Some stuff I look at, wonder why I ever liked it, and am putting it in the pile earmarked for our garage sale.
* Bean is standing up. She can even stand straight up from a sitting position. She knows that we think this is great, so she stands and then claps for herself. I’m not sure she knows how to stand without clapping for herself.
* I now have over 525 e-mails in my inbox. I haven’t read e-mail in over 2 weeks. This, combined with my overall e-mail slackerness from the past year = 525 e-mails to attend to. I’m considering declaring e-mail bankruptcy, deleting it all, and just starting over. If you wrote me an e-mail, I’m not ignoring you. I’m ignoring e-mail.
* In case you haven’t heard, there’s another reason I’ve been slacking at the computer. Morning sickness will really keep you from doing stuff. Yup. Pregnant again. Due in December. We’ve named it Peanut.
* Bean will be 18 months old when Peanut is born.
* Since you’re wondering – Yes, Peanut is a blessed surprise.
* The other day I was driving in between two corn fields. Above me, I heard a noise. I looked up to see a crop duster barely scrape over the power lines, swoop down over my car, and head out over the field. I think if I had reached out the car window, I could have touched the plane’s tires.
* That’s all the time I’ve got for now. I would like to take a nap. Zzzzzzzz!